By Emma Singh, Founder & CEO, Events by Emma Corporation
Over the past seven months, wedding and event planners have stepped up to the plate, dealing with something that is entirely unprecedented. Something that no one actually knows how to handle. And WE figured it out! Because that’s what a planner does. A wedding planner is a problem solver, constantly looking for solutions and options for YOU, the couple/their client.
At Events by Emma (EBE) we feel overwhelming compassion and love for all the couples who are navigating COVID-19, postponements, and their weddings alone, without the expertise and wisdom of a wedding planner.
IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME TO HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER, IT’S NOW.
If you hire a planner for Full-planning and Design they will be with you every step of the way. This means they get to know you and your wedding from the beginning to the sweet end. They help you come up with a look and feel that is unique to you and then suggest vendors make this come to life.
A planner will help you with the big things like budgeting, timeline and task management, catering, photographer, and flowers while also managing other elements like hotel room blocks and transportation for both you and your guests. They are your companion and partner throughout the planning process.
They work alongside you for the creative elements but also tackle and take over all the behind-the-scenes elements like building a floor plan and flow that works within your venue or determining how much power the band needs.
When working with Events by Emma we will provide
- Booking or referring you to our premium vendor network
- Sourcing venue locations for the ceremony/reception
- Attending appointments on your behalf / or with you
- Advising you on where your budget is best spent
- Managing and updating a budget spreadsheet
- Creating and managing your timeline and event itinerary
- Reviewing all your paperwork and contracts
- Liaising between all of your venues and vendors
- Styling your event, Décor selections, Décor Mock-ups
- Helping with your wedding day stationery copy: invites, thank you cards, menus, place cards, seating charts
- Assisting you with managing your RSVPs
- Sourcing hard to find props/entertainment/vendors
- Overseeing set up / pack up
- Advising you on wedding day etiquette
- Acting on your behalf to all suppliers
Why Hire A Wedding Planner?
Some planners do both planning and design (like EBE) while others are more planning and logistic focused. Both of these are very valuable. Some planners have that creative side to be able to help you come up with new and fun ideas to make your wedding stand out while others are killer with the checklists and spreadsheets to keep you on track. Both can help you accomplish the wedding of your dreams while still maintaining the other aspects of your life. All planning companies are different and handle the process in different ways. You can find one that best fits your style and communication.
A good wedding planner will:
- Consult with you on what exactly you are looking for
- Look for ways to save money and manage your budget
- Be an objective guide through the smorgasbord of décor ideas, venues, and wedding suppliers
- Ensure a stress-free planning process
- Be the liaison between you and all the vendors involved
- Offer Full-Service or On-the-Day coordination
On the day a good wedding planner will:
- Is first to arrive and the last to leave
- Makes sure everything is done on time
- Manages any mini catastrophe’s that might arise
Events by Emma has built a reputation for excellence in the Event and Wedding planning industry for over fifteen years. Known as one the of country’s Top 5 Planners and one of the most sought-after planning and design companies in Winnipeg, Canada.
You can learn more about Emma and her amazing team here: Events By Emma
If you would like more tips and advice please visit the wedding resource page.